For the last 39 years, Fountain Hills has been the site of an annual Thanksgiving Day Parade. Once again, the Chamber of Commerce will be hosting the Thanksgiving Day Parade on November 23rd from 9:30 am - 11 am.
The Thanksgiving Day Parade has become a local hometown favorite that draws spectators from across the state who want to ring in Thanksgiving Day with a classic parade. The event starts right at 9:30 am and lasts approximately one hour. Tons of local businesses participate, as well as Veteran groups, classic car clubs, service organizations, and many more. With floats, marching bands, animal groups, dance routines, motorcycle shows, and more, this is the place to be on Thanksgiving morning!
Don't forget - Santa Claus himself arrives in Fountain Hills for the first time this holiday season at the Thanksgiving Day Parade! He is the event's finale, so make sure to stick around at the end to give Santa a wave!
2023 Theme: "The West Kept Secret" - decorate your float, entry, or costumes!
Why Participate in the Thanksgiving Day Parade?
The Thanksgiving Day Parade is not only a wonderful way to kick off the holiday season, but it is the perfect way to market your business or organization! Get your business out in front of thousands of spectators by participating in this fun event. Pass out candy or fun goodies for the crowd to take home, or do something memorable for attendees to remember you by. Participating in this hometown tradition is a great way to support Fountain Hills and the community.
There are three different opportunities for sponsorship at the Thanksgiving Day Parade. If you would like to learn more about sponsorship options, please email firstname.lastname@example.org!
1. All entries will be subject to the approval of the Parade Committee. Any entry that does not conform to these rules and regulations will be eliminated from consideration. All decisions of the Parade Committee are final. Entry fees submitted by an entry that is not approved will be refunded.
2. Your Parade position and final details will be provided at the Parade Information Meetings offered to you on Thursday 11/16 at 9 am OR Monday 11/20 at 4 pm. Attendance at ONLY one meeting is required with 2 different date and time options available to you. Numbers, that are to be prominently displayed on your entry, will be issued at the information meeting your entry's representative attends. If your entry is a group, please be certain that all members of the group know their position number and all the necessary details prior to parade day.
3. The Parade pace is 120 steps per minute, please pay attention to the unit ahead of you so that gaps and lags are not created.
4. Any entry that does not comply with the rules and regulations as set by the parade Committee will not be allowed to participate in the Parade.
5. Children under the age of six years will not be permitted to ride on a parade entry unless accompanied by an adult.
6. Local ordinances do not permit the discharge of firearms within the boundaries of Fountain Hills. ALL GUNS DISPLAYED BY PARADE ENTRIES MUST BE EMPTY!
7. LOCAL SAFETY REGULATIONS DO NOT PERMIT THE THROWING OF ITEMS FROM MOVING ENTRIES. CANDY OR OTHER ITEMS MAY BE DISTRIBUTED BY PARADE WALKERS ONLY AT CURBSIDE ALONG THE PARADE ROUTE. SPECTATORS ARE CONFINED TO THE CURBSIDE OR MEDIAN.
8. Cancellations (for any reason) need to notify the Receptionist at the Chamber of Commerce at 480-837-1654. Your cooperation is appreciated.
9. Judging of ALL entries will be conducted during the Parade.
10. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE PERMITTED!
11. Entrants should arrive at the registration area by 7:00 AM to locate positions.
12. All entries MUST be accompanied by less than 50 words Announcer’s Script that will be read on the Public Address System during the Parade. These announcer scripts are to be sent to email@example.com by November 20th, 6pm.
13. No Stopping/Performing for judges on parade route. When you take a 1 minute stop to perform for judges, it haults all of the entries behind you and creates a huge gap in the parade. If you want to stop for the judges, please keep it to 15 seconds maximum.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org